Friday, February 1, 2013

Hug a teacher

Galatians 6:6

Let the one who is taught the word share all good things with the one who teaches. 

Encouragement, that is what I see in verse 6. I work in education. Currently I process data and do other such work. But occasionally I get the opportunity to get back into the classroom. Like this week, where a couple of teachers asked me to come in and share a math lesson with their students. After 30 minutes or so, having the teacher thank-you or the students smile and share something new they took out of that time puts a smile on my face.

Christianity is not easy. At least not if it is done right. Joyful, yes, but not easy. Turning the other cheek carrying our cross can be wearisome, and I think even Jesus would agree. But those victories along the way, like having someone who is taught share with the teacher, "Yes, here is how what you have said to me makes a difference!" can be very powerful. Teachers don't always get to see the fruits of their labors.

Who has taught you? How can you share to brighten their day?

No comments: