Thursday, April 24, 2014

Glutton for Punishment

I must be a glutton for punishment.

Seriously.

I already struggle with church, and the inch deep relationships, and the digging in the word until it begins to hurt and then changing the subject, and the materialism of the church while it preaches that we live by faith, and...well, you get the idea.

So what do I do? I start reading "Creature of the Word: The Jesus-Centered Church" I do this knowing that Matt Chandler is one of the authors, and he is going to say things that will get me more stirred up, all the while knowing how important it is to be a part of a church.

Short of moving to Dallas, this is going to be tough.

So it is time to look at another book. If I can keep from going crazy, I will blog some quotes as I have time.

This should be interesting.

If anyone is interested, here is the site for the book trailer. And by the way, when did books get trailers?

And here is a link to Tim Challies review of the book. So don't just take my word for it.

No comments: