Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Of chickens and eggs...

You know the old question, "Which came first, the chicken or the egg?" Quite a conundrum. How can we have chickens without eggs? And how can we have eggs without chickens?

I think my mind goes here when I think about Calvinism and Arminianism. Then I ran across this idea by C. S. Lewis, "What difference does it make, if God stands outside of time." Yikes! I feel like my little stick-figure drawings, trying to imagine life in 3-D. How could there possibly be another dimension? How can God not be constrained by time? Yet, how can anything constrain God? Maybe that is why sometimes the Bible seems to say one thing, and sometimes another. Maybe it is because the reality is beyond our comprehension.

My God is so big, and I am so small.

No comments: