David Platt, in his book Radical, says, "...somewhere along the way we had missed what is radical about our faith and replaced it with what is comfortable. We were settling for a Christianity that revolves around catering to ourselves when the central message of Christianity is actually about abandoning ourselves." (page 7)
We read this book in Journeymen last year. I thought that the presenters had done an admirable job of presenting a message that many really don't want to hear. At the end of their time they shared and discussed Platt's challenges at the end of the book. They are as follows:
- Pray for the entire world
- Read through the entire Word
- Sacrifice your money for a specific purpose
- Spend your time in another context
- Commit your life to a multiplying community (page 185)
Oh, the commercial is over. There, that is much better. Now I can get back to my couch.