Thursday, September 19, 2013

What is the Gospel?

What is the Gospel? I think it is different things to different people. And I think God is okay with that. Sometimes.

We can have differences that fall within God's purpose, but I believe that we can also have differences that fall outside of God's purpose. I am drawn back lately to the time when this blog was begun, back when I started to struggle with the meaning of what it means to be a Christian, and started questioning some of the stagnant beliefs that had been a part of my life for so long.

Perhaps that is why I have not blogged in so long. I don't like being negative, but I cannot help but think that the answers to such questions have a greater impact than we would like to admit.

So where do I go from here? I could tell stories. Been there, done that. Although I believe that the group that I am a part of now is more well intentioned. I think that I had those good intentions at one time, and was very satisfied in that place.

So a book it is.


Having read his book, "Christless Christianity," I have a lot of respect for this author. I am sure that it will offer much food for thought, and perhaps a few challenges along the way.

No comments: