Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Next book

Having finished "Creature of the Word" by Matt Chandler and friends, I want to go back to the book I had read just prior to that one, but did not blog about. The book is by Tullian Tchividjian, who happens to be a grandson of Billy Graham. He is also a Presbyterian minister at a rather large church  in Florida. It is called "Surprised by Grace."

This is not the first book by Tullian that I have read. I also read "Jesus + Nothing = Everything." This is the story of the struggles he went through as he became the pastor of this church, following a strong leader who had been there for many years. And if you know anything about churches and church politics, there were those who not happy with his selection and the "changes" that would come. It is an excellent book, and I highly recommend it.

So here we go...off on another journey.





No comments: