Saturday, March 31, 2012

Calvin and Me - Part 6

Perseverence of the Saints

Some would say, once saved,  always saved. Again, the arguments here are interesting. Some would say that once you are saved, you cannot lose that salvation no matter what. Others would argue that if you fall away, you were never really saved in the first place.

The real question for me is, what constitutes salvation? I don't believe we obligate God to save us at any point. He surely sees through our efforts to get to heaven by merely seeking to sign a pledge card, say a prayer, or even being baptized. I believe that the Holy Spirit has to have his say in the matter. So, this is one that I have to defer to God. I believe that if irresistable grace is true, then this follows as well. But I am not going to put it to the test. How about you?

No comments: