Monday, March 12, 2012

Hey buddy, got a light?

The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
John 1:5

This verse is important to me because it reminds me that Jesus will never fail. Even when it looks like others have won, and they may have overcome me in this world, but they have not overcome Jesus or Christ in me.
Sometimes I might get discouraged because things do not work out the way that I want, but I must remember that even though I might plan my steps, God orders them.

I read a piece yesterday while blog-surfing, and the author talked about being a light in post-Christian America. The thing about a light in a dark place is that it looks even brighter.

Darkness can never overcome light.  You don't walk into a lighted room, and ask someone to turn on the dark. Light always overcomes darkness. In a dark room, only a glimmer of light takes away the darkness. Jesus is the light of the world, and his light will never be overcome.

No comments: