Saturday, December 15, 2012

Beautiful

Galatians 1:15-16

But when God, who set me apart from my mother’s womb and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, my immediate response was not to consult any human being.

What does Paul believe about how he became a follower of Christ? Was it his decision or God's? From this passage, it appears that Paul did not have a say in the matter, being set apart from the womb, and called by grace. It is as if God chose him and then waited for just the right moment to reveal Christ to him. And once this was done, Paul did not feel the need to get this verified. He didn't go to the apostles, his mother, the High Priest, or any human for that matter. He knew. He knew and it changed him. He knew and it wrought a conversion the likes of which is seldom seen. Not that this invalidates any other conversions of lesser magnitude, it was the conversion that God had set him apart to experience. It was the conversion that God created and used to glorify Christ. It was beautiful.

No comments: