Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Third Day - God of Wonders



This is my third song as I begin taking a more critical look at the lyrics I listen to. I chose this song randomly from my play list.

My comments are in blue.

God of Wonders
Lord of all creation
Of water, earth and sky
The heavens are Your tabernacle
Glory to the Lord on high
God of wonders
Beyond our galaxy
You are holy, holy
The universe declares Your majesty
You are holy, holy
Lord of Heaven and Earth
Lord of Heaven and Earth
Early in the morning
I will celebrate the light
And as I stumble in the darkness
I will call Your name by night
Hallelujah, to the Lord of Heaven and Earth
Hallelujah, to the Lord of Heaven and Earth
Hallelujah, to the Lord of Heaven and Earth
God of
Source: Musixmatch
At one time I listened to a lot of Third Day music. I do like that they do a lot of worship music. I like this song, and think that it is solid lyrically. It is a great praise chorus. 

I especially like the chorus that starts "Early in the morning..." To me it just echoes my journey. Starting out a day, seeing the light, rested, I am full of hope and energy, it just creates an atmosphere of praise. As the day goes on, what has changed? The sun is setting, I am weary, my eyes are not seeing the beauty anymore. I have changed, my circumstances have changed, God has not changed. He is still worthy of praise and celebration. He is still Lord of Heaven and Earth.

Good music. I give this one a 8 out of 10, it is a great song, great lyrics, perhaps is it just my familiarity with it that only gets it an 8.


No comments: