Friday, May 15, 2020

Challies - 5 Worst Christian Best Sellers

Here is the video...



COMMENT
I plan to use a portion of this in a lesson I am preparing. I know that it might take some people by surprise, because I have heard the name Batterson in the class before. In fact, I believe that at one point when I was not there, they used some of his material for teaching.

One thought that has often struck me is this, if 20 to 40 years after Christ's resurrection, Paul had to spend time correcting doctrinal issues, how can we, 2,000 plus years later, think we have it right? But there is an inherent danger in being open minded. That danger is that maybe you were right in the first place, but now are wrong! But I think that is a risk that one must take, because being right by accident is more about being lucky than it is about being right, and if we are going to earnestly search the Scriptures to learn more, that is a risk we must take.

Or not, because I have met some who think they are right because that is the way their church believes, and they refuse to search any farther. Trust can be a dangerous thing.

No comments: